Creation date / 2017
2018 »January February March April May June July August September October November December All
- 25. The Finished Piece
- The Finished Piece
- 1. Starting with a circular disc of silicon bronze. It's marked so that it is slightly oval, even though it is a circle, the shorter end being the face, which will end up shorter than the hair.
- 2. Crimps put into it for raising. The arrow indicates the face end.
- 3. The first stage of raising is always the hardest, and with this bronze, I needed the BIG raising hammer.
- 4. The first stage of raising done. The bronze gets harder and harder to work the closer to the edge you get. If this was brass or copper it would look a lot neater and have a steeper angle.
- 5. After annealing, working on stage two of raising. A bit easier this time; I was able to use my regular raising hammer.
- 6. Done with stage two of raising. Looking much better this time. Ready to anneal again.
- 1. Starting with an 8.5 inch 16 gauge brass circle, annealed.
- 1. Starting with an 8.5" disc of 16 gauge annealed brass.