1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- The finished piece.
- 1. Starting with an 8.5 inch 16 gauge brass circle, annealed.
- 2. Radial crimps get the raising process started.
- 3. The High places have been hammered down to make an even surface. Sorry I didn't get a picture of the hammering.
- 4. Annealed again,something that is done after every stage of forming, to make the metal malleable again.
- 5. I took pictures of the second stage of raising to show the progress.
- 6. Second stage of raising done, ready to anneal again.
- 7. Third stage of raising complete.
- 8. Fourth stage of raising complete.
- 9. Using the special back part of the raising stake to achieve the ninety degree bend that forms the flange at the bottom.
- 10. This dog had one ear that stood up and one that flopped over. Here I'm using the hydraulic press to start pushing out the one ear.
- 11. Here the other ear has also been pushe out using a different tool.
- 12. Annealing again.
- 13. Pushing out the right ear again a couple more times. Annealing that area between steps. This had to be done several times. To try to do it all at once would very likely split the metal open.
- 14. Doing some forming on a sand bag, pushing the metal out from the inside.