Post date / 2018
2019 »January February March April May June July August September October November December All
- 15. More hammering on the ears.
- 16. What it looks like after all the work done so far. I used a marker to show where the eyes should be.
- 17. Annealing again.
- 18. Silver-soldering the seam.
- 19. A hammer I reshaped to do the step shown in the next picture.
- 20. Using that hammer on a special stake shaped the same way, shaping the trunk and texturing it at the same time.
- 21. Giving the ears some three-dimensionality, starting with an indentation to suggest an ear opening.
- 22. pushing out the upper part of the ear.
- 23. Held on a small domed stake on the part just pushed out, and hammered to push it in below.
- 24. The results of the work done since the last annealing.
- 25. Annealing again.
- 26. After annealing, I filled it with sculpture wax, for doing the rest of the texturing, forming the mouth, and hoping to curve the trunk some more. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of these processes, and the trunk did not want to curve much mor
- 27. Starting the horn. To get a pattern, I covered a tapered mandrel with masking tape and marked a spiral on it with pencil.
- 28. I used a knife to cut the tape on the pencil line, starting to peel it off the mandrel.
- 29. The tape pattern, above, and the brass piece cut out and annealed, below.