Post date / 2018
2019 »January February March April May June July August September October November December All
- 11. The seam has been hammered down all the way around, ready to silver-solder.
- 12. Silver-soldering the seam.
- 13. Now getting ready for inflation. The inflation tube has been inserted, and a plywood cutout in the shape of the urn added.
- 14. The inflation jig assembled with pressure washer attached, ready to go.
- 15. Top, uninflated pillow, ready to hook up to the pressure washer. Bottom, pillow fully inflated.
- 16. The top of the jig removed after inflation.
- 17. The pillow, inflated.
- 18. The bottom piece of the urn, which has had a hole drilled and tapped in the center, attaching it to the pillow with a screw through that hole, and drilling a hole through it and the pillow, for a locator pin.
- 19. The locator pin, made from brass rod, soldered in place. This holds the urn solidly in the correct position on the pillow, keeping it from rotating.
- 20. Now all the pieces are ready for assembly. The foam gasket has been glued in place on the bottom of the urn.
- 21. The bottom has been attached to the urn with three screws.
- 22. The urn has been attached to the pillow with one screw.
- 23. All done, the illusion is complete.