Post date / 2019
- 27. Finished
- 26. Finished
- 01. The first step was a clay model, which was dipped in hot Dip-Seal. The Dip-Seal coating was then cut and removed.
- 02. The Dip-Seal coating has been spread out in order to make a two-dimensional pattern.
- 03. The pattern was trace on paper, then cut out and traced on 16 gauge brass sheet.
- 04. Partially bent, and hammered on a sand bag.
- 05. Rounding the metal over on a special stake.
- 06. forming witha a large planishing hammer.
- 07. More forming on a different stake.
- 08. Annealing, one of many time in the process.
- 09. Very carefully sawing a slit for the mouth with a jeweler's saw.
- 10. The upper and lower mouth were pushed in, here showing the lower, and the special stake used for that.
- 11. Making progress on the mouth.
- 12. Forming/planishing the area below the mouth.
- 13. Annealing again.