Post date / 2018
- 30. Forming the spiral around the same mandrel, this time overlapping it on itself.
- 31. The spiral formed, just needs the top end closed up.
- 32. Silver-soldering the seams of the spiral.
- 33. Using the special tool shown on the left to indent the seams of the spiral.
- 34. sawing the hole for the horn, above. The hole completed, below.
- 35. Using the special tool shown on the left to form the hole for the horn.
- 36. Pushing it out some from the inside.
- 37. Silver-soldering the horn into place.
- 38. All finished except for cleaning, polishing, and patina.
- 39. Done and hanging on the wall, smiling contently.
- 40. View of the back, showing the piece that I attached for hanging it.
- 1. This is a scrap of 16 gauge brass, about 10" long, what was in between a few other rounded shapes that had been cut out for other projects. When I saw the shape it reminded me of a four-legged animal running.