Home / Recent Work / Say Aaahh, 2017, Copper, Found Object (Wood), 4.5" x 4.5" x 3" / Say Aaahh, how it was made 14
Creation date / 2017 / April
- 1. Starting with a more-or-less semicircular piece of 16 gauge copper sheet.
- 2. Proceeding as if raising half a bowl.
- 3. Stage one complete, ready to anneal.
- 4. Hammering it from the inside on the sand bag.
- 5. Getting some height to it.
- 6. Another round of raising.
- 7. More height yet. Ready to anneal again.
- 8. Pushing out from the inside, this time with the hydraulic press.
- 9. Forming the metal around, approaching 180 degrees.
- 11. Chasing a furrow down the middle.
- 10. using a stake curved just the right way, closing up the form.
- 14. All finished.
- 12. the tongue finished, holes drilled ready to fasten down in the wood with the two screws shown.
- 13. showing it from the back.