- Photo sizesSquare
XXS - tiny
XS - extra small
S - small
M - medium
L - large
Home / Recent Work / Owl, 2015, Brass and Copper, 8" x 6" x 10" / Owl, how it was made 38
- 29. Starting the hanger/perch. 28" of 18 gauge copper, cut to shape. Starting the bend on a maple block.
- 30. Bending it around on the flat of my raising stake.
- 31. Bent all the way around, getting the seam closed up.
- 32. The seam silver-soldered, a lot of cleanup to do.
- 33. I left this hole in the seam to receive a branch.
- 34. The branch silver-soldered into place.
- 35. View of the underside, showing how the owl is attached, with two 4-40 stainless steel machine screws.
- The Finished Piece.