Creation date / 2017 / April / 7
- 1. Starting with this piece of 16 gauge copper sheet, cut out and annealed. It's the same pattern I use for the first owl (Home / Recent Work / Owl, 2015, Brass and Copper, 8" x 6" x 10") but enlarged a bit.
- 2. The piece has been bent over.
- 3. Forming with a domed hammer on a sand bag.
- 5. Forming/planishing the sides on a ball stake.
- 7. The piece has been annealed an pickled. Here I am pushing the "ears" into a more upright position.
- 8. Planishing the dome of the head.