Creation date / 2017 / April / 21
- 9. Forming the metal around, approaching 180 degrees.
- 11. Chasing a furrow down the middle.
- 10. using a stake curved just the right way, closing up the form.
- 1. The blank cut out of 16 gauge brass.
- 2. Starting the forming on the sand bag.
- 3. starting the cylindrical curve of the end pieces on a wood V-block.
- 4. Completing the cylindrical curve on a flat stake.
- 5. Forming/planishing over a stake from the outside.
- 6. What it looks like so far. It is ready to be annealed so the metal will be soft enough to work some more.