Creation date / 2017 / April / 29
- 1. Starting out with a clay model, to make a pattern for the blank of flat sheet of brass.
- 2. The clay model has been dipped in hot liquid Dip Seal, which solidifies immediately upon being lifted out of the pot.
- 3. The rubbery Dip Seal coating cut and being removed.
- 4. The Dip Seal shell has been spread out as flat as possible on a sheet of paperand traced around with a pencil.
- 5. Having cut out the paper pattern, it was traced onto a sheet of 16 gauge brass and cut out.
- 6. Using a sand bag to hammer what will be the head.
- 7. Punching out facial features from the inside.
- 8. Pushing out the chin/beard from the inside on a polyurethane block, using the hydraulic press.
- 9. Using raising hammer and stake to move the metal around.