Creation date / 2017 / November / 30
- 4. The larger paper pattern was cut out and traced onto a piece of 16 gauge brass sheet, which was then cut out and annealed.
- 5. This form requires a lot of stretching, so I'm starting out by pushing out with a large ball on a polyurethane pad with the hydraulic press.
- 6. Using the raising hammer and stake to continue the forming toward the perimeter.
- 7. Hammering the ears to stretch them around the curve where they meet the head.
- 8. Using the stake shown in the inset to stretch the outer part of the curve of the trunk.