Creation date / 2018 / February / 16
- 4. I didn't get pictures of a lot of the earliest forming. All the pointed parts have been formed, using the technique shown in picture #7. Here I am using the ball stake shown in the inset to round out the body.
- 5. Using the stake shown at the top to form the neck area.
- 6. For the tighter curve near the edges, I used this stake shown on the left.
- 7. Forming the tail some more, tightening the curve.
- 8. Annealing the whole piece, to make the metal malleable again after having been thoroughly work-hardened.
- 9. Pushing out the face some more, with a more pointed tool.
- 10. Looking a little better all the time.
- 11. Forming the head some more on the same tool used to punch it.
- 12. Making the neck curve a little more.