- Photo sizesSquare
XXS - tiny
XS - extra small
S - small
M - medium
L - large
Home / Tags shelbyvision + copper sculpture + copper teapot + copper and brass teapot 60
- 60. All done; a success!
- 59. The ball has been attached to the end of the hat; the whole piece is done. The hat fits tightly into the groove between the inner and outer parts of the ring.
- 58. All done, close enough to perfect for me.
- 57. Using a planishing hammer, pushing in the bulges to make it more spherical.
- 56. Jumping ahead a little, the ball has been formed and silver-soldered along the seams, albeit a little lopsided.
- 55. Shaping from the inside on the sand bag, getting it formed into a ball.
- 54. The piece of brass cut out, it's now being shaped on a ball stake.
- 53. The masking tape is now a pattern.
- 52. I have cut through the masking tape on the line with a knife and can now remove it, like peeling a tangerine.
- 51. Now to start the final piece of the puzzle. Here I have wrapped a ball with a few layers of masking tape, and drawn a spiral line on it.
- 50. Still a little rough, but it's the right shape.
- 49. Using the tool from the previous image to push the metal further down all the way around.
- 48. A new tool I made for the next step.
- 47. Getting close to where it needs to be. Ready to be annealed.
- 46. The outer part has been brought around nearly 180°.