Home / Keywords metalsmithing + Magnifying glass 
Creation date / 2019
- 1. Starting with a sketch and a clay model of the handle.
- 2. The clay model has been dipped in molten Dip Seal, then the Dip Seal rubbery coating cut with a sharp knife and removed.
- 3. The rubbery pattern has been spread flat and traced onto paper, the resulting paper pattern then traced onto 81 gauge brass sheet.
- 4. Starting the forming process.
- 5. The seam is silver-soldered a little bit at a time.
- 6. After first silver-soldering, I continue spiraling it around. Here is a special stake that I made, shown at the top, for forming this part of it.
- 7. Forming the little pointed end.
- 8. Using another special stake to form the roundness of the bottom end.
- 9. It needed to be annealed again in order to get final closure of the form.
- 10. Final closure.
- 11. The last part of the seam has been silver-soldered.
- 12. Bending and forming the curly-Q at the end.
- 13. Three of the blanks for the six segments of the lens bezel.
- 14. Pressing the form with the hydraulic press, on a polyurethane block.
- 15. Four of the pieces pressed.